In this article we can explore the Advantages of Deploying Applications to Azure.
Azure is a Cloud Computing Service created by Microsoft to build, test, deploy & manage applications.
Azure vs. On-Premises
Azure provides the following Advantages compared with On-Premises:
· No Infrastructure Purchase required & thus saving cost in hardware purchase, upgrade & maintenance.
· Easy Scalability is offered through scaling up of Azure hardware based on demand.
· More Uptime The data centers of Azure provide more Uptime than traditional On-premises data centers and giving More Reliability.
· Reduced Cost due to Subscription based service. No big investment on hardware & software.
· More Security The data centers of Microsoft Azure provide Best Security for data in transit & data at rest.
· More Stability Azure provides multiple copies of application & databases to automatically handle a failover situation. Thus, the Stability is high in Azure.
· Hybrid Support Azure provides more Hybrid deployment scenarios than traditional On-Premise hosting.
When to choose On-Premise?
Even though the above advantages are there with Azure, still one may have to choose On-Premise hosting given the following scenario:
· If your On-Premise Hosting Cost is considerably lesser than Azure hosting
Hosting in Azure or Or-Premise is a Choice to be made with Good Evaluations on Starting Cost, Ongoing cost & Future scenarios.
In this article we have explored what are the Advantages of going with Azure hosting.